About Me

My photo
What do you really want out of life? Now what's stopping you?

Monday, April 24, 2006

Writer's block???

I sat down to write this unsure of what to say. There are things that I could say, but they just don’t fit with the current mood and experience. I don’t want to post something just for the sake of posting but, at the same time, I need to regularly put something on this site. So, I stepped out in faith and began to write. Reflecting on the last two weeks, the initial ‘euphoria’ and excitement of blogging have faded. I still enjoy the writing, but the adrenaline rush of something novel and new no longer drives it. Does this mean that I’ve made a grave mistake? No, not really. I still get fulfilment and satisfaction from doing this. Only now will I be able to see if this is something that will complement what I believe my purpose to be. Now is the time that I see how consistent I can be. So, I will probably settle to a regular bi-weekly posting with the occasional extra.

Will be teaching dance tonight, covering for my dance partner. Then, tomorrow, I have a ‘supervisory teaching visit’ to some physiotherapy students on placement at one of the local hospitals. Teaching seems to be a regular feature in my life, both in a group and ‘one on one’ setting. I went through a period where I thought that maybe this was my purpose. But that did not explain the satisfaction I got from successfully treating a patient and seeing them succeed. I have come to realise that my teaching ability is one of the tools that I have to accomplish a larger purpose. I don’t doubt that some people are born to teach-my mother is one of them-it’s just not MY purpose. Rather it is a manifestation of it, like my writing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find myself increasingly being put in leadership roles. I find it strange, because I'm not naturally one of those irritating people who can motivate everyone, be good at everything, be chirpy and lively. I keep thinking that I have so much to learn, and that I am not capable of taking on more responsibility. That other people are more deserving of credit. That somehow, I have gotten to where I am by mistake, that I have just been good at hiding my weaknesses or people have overlooked them. Anyone else felt like they weren't sure why or where they were being led?

Anonymous said...

I find myself increasingly being put in leadership roles. I find it strange, because I'm not naturally one of those irritating people who can motivate everyone, be good at everything, be chirpy and lively. I keep thinking that I have so much to learn, and that I am not capable of taking on more responsibility. That other people are more deserving of credit. That somehow, I have gotten to where I am by mistake, that I have just been good at hiding my weaknesses or people have overlooked them. Anyone else felt like they weren't sure why or where they were being led?