About Me

My photo
What do you really want out of life? Now what's stopping you?

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Face off

My Men's Health magazine arrived yesterday. It's one of the 'guy' mags that we get for the practice. I don't want to read outdated mags at a doctors, so why should my patients. It's generally full of interesting advice and I'll read most of it (there are some sections that just don't apply to me yet). If something strikes me as being worth researching, I'll study more on the net (last month was an article on Chruchill-his speeches are amazing). This month features a whole fashion extra-the do's and don'ts for the next season. Interesting to see how things have changed over the years. One of the big changes has been the marketing of accessories for men. No longer is life just a shower and shave, but can involve moisuriser, hair gel, preshave and post shave routines, all for the care of your skin. Some of it is just plain good marketing (cosmetic compnies have made a fortune tapping into a whole new market, but there is something to be said for taking care of your face-it's the only one you have, and people will unfortunatly judge you on what they see. So where did I put my 24hr hydrating antidryness aftershave gel...

No comments: