About Me

My photo
What do you really want out of life? Now what's stopping you?

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Bottleneck moments

Today is Easter Sunday and, when I woke this morning, I had plans of writing something earth shaking and spectacular. Guess what, that’s probably not going to happen. It’s not that I don’t have anything major to say today- there is plenty I could share that could be deemed ‘insightful’- but nothing really seems to fit with the scope and importance of Easter.

The only thing playing on my mind right now is that occasionally people find themselves in a situation where there is no other way to get the desired result. God’s plan for salvation for mankind involved a rather painful cross. I know people who are facing the temporary pain of chemotherapy, others who are undergoing surgery in order to be healed. I am yet to find someone who enjoys the pain of surgery or the side effects of chemo. I warrant that Christ didn’t particularly enjoy the cross… but the joy of the resurrection kept him there. I don’t pretend to understand what you are going through if you are in a ‘bottle neck’ situation, I can only encourage you to stay the course.

Oh ya, one other thing, I almost had a major car crash on the way here. Someone went through a give way sign at high speed. Thankfully, we managed to avoid it-not sure how. Brought home how transient our situation really is.

No comments: