About Me

My photo
What do you really want out of life? Now what's stopping you?

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Procratinati.....

I woke up this morning with the awful realisation that I am just plain lazy. However much I actually achieve, there is always the desire not to work or to put stuff off till ‘later’. Normally I do a couple of tasks before leaving the house in the morning, lately with the onset of winter in the southern hemisphere I have been staying in bed later and later. The tasks that were delayed became progressively shortened and then stopped. Now I have to face the consequences. There is a wonderful proverb that goes “A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands and poverty will come upon you like a thief and want like an armed man.” Procrastination is easy and is a natural tendency. I am having to exert mind over matter and tell my body that it really doesn’t need the extra sleep. There is a school of though that says we should listen to what our body is telling us and obey-if that were the case with me I’d never get anything done and would eat sugar all my life.

So hopefully tomorrow will be a better morning (I’ll let you know if it’s not). I have made a list of things to do this morning and will stick to it. If you have any creative ideas on how you beat procrastination let me know.

No comments: