About Me

My photo
What do you really want out of life? Now what's stopping you?

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

"Believe in me."

‘Tristan and Isolde’ is an inspiring, romantic movie- caters for both the bloodthirsty and had enough ‘chick flick’ elements to please the ladies. In one of the scenes when a young man is asked why he committed a particularly treasonous act, his reply was “I thought someone believed in me.” Those words hit me hard. How many people are just waiting for someone to have faith in their ability? People desire acceptance and they will take it from whichever source offers it. All it may take for some is a positive affirmation from someone they respect, for others it may take a bit more. Don’t know about you, but my natural instinct is to fault find and pull people down, I have to work to be encouraging and to build people up. People will work better at dealing with their faults if they know that you value them first.

Go rent the movie and tell me what you think.

No comments: