About Me

My photo
What do you really want out of life? Now what's stopping you?

Friday, December 29, 2006

Resolutions

New Year, new resolutions? While the New Year provides a time for reflection on the past year and a time to think ahead for the second, it is not the only time that it should be happening. Evaluation should be a regular part of our lives, projects and business. I’m not saying that it is wrong to do it at New Year, it just isn’t the only time.

Resolutions-decisions that induce a week of hell before we give them up and experience a brief wave of guilt that is eased by performing the action we tried to quit. Sound familiar? The reason most of them fail is that they are set in the negative-“I have to give up smoking, I have to loose weight, I must stop spending so much, I need to… I have to….”
The resolutions we make are often focused on the think we are trying to quit give up. For example- “I must quit smoking…quit smoking…smoking…smoking…hmmm I need a smoke”. Make resolutions in the positive-I am fitter this year, I am healthier this year, I have saved more this year…it’s a step in the right direction. Having done TPI earlier last month I have seen that there is so much more to the process of change. But getting out of the negative is one thing that will make a huge difference.

So what you doing this year to celebrate? I’m working at the coffee shop. Let me know what you up to-I love the feedback

No comments: