About Me

My photo
What do you really want out of life? Now what's stopping you?

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Blinkered

As I was leaving the house this morning I noticed that the oleander outside my gate had bloomed. There is not much unusual in this until you realise that they had been in bloom for the last two weeks, and I use the gate everyday. I had been blinkered by my grief and routine, and not even noticed the beauty that had been awaiting me each day. So I start to ask myself, what else have I been blinded to the last few weeks? Check your routine. Are you missing something that you otherwise take for granted? Look with fresh eyes on your route to work. Take a good look at your colleagues. Take someone different out for coffee this week, and listen to what they have to say. Roll back the blinkers a bit and see what else is there.

No comments: