About Me

My photo
What do you really want out of life? Now what's stopping you?

Monday, September 18, 2006

Tongue Tied

“If you need an offering for your envelope please raise your hand…”

I almost died of embarrassment on stage this weekend. The above quote (which should have been read with offering and envelope transposed) was the source of much humour after the church service that I MC’d at-most of it directed at me and my overzealous mouth. Statements like that in front of 3000 people don’t normally go unnoticed. Needless to say, I survived, although I probably won’t be allowed to forget it for about a month. I also managed to work out what to say if I make an error like that again. I hate making mistakes, but at least it is an opportunity to learn.

To be honest, last week was one of those weeks I’d rather forget. I nearly ran out of fuel, had to pay out a vast quantity of cash for my car to be serviced, woke up to a broken geyser on Sunday morning, and didn’t get a day off at all. Poor me-ok pity party over. This week is looking up. I had a rather productive morning today, and although busy, the rest of the week should bring an upturn. Despite the horrendous happenings of last week, I was able to enjoy much of it. I finished a query letter for my novel, managed to make enough cash at work to pay for the car, I finished reading a great novel (called Magician by Raymond E. Feist-link), resisted the urge to kill my grandmother, and got to spend at couple of hours with some good friends. Attitude is everything.

No comments: