About Me

My photo
What do you really want out of life? Now what's stopping you?

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Pink? (updated)


I thought I would add a bit to the previous post. Firstly, here is a photo of the offending shirt and tie.

I was pondering over my natural disinclination towards pink and realised that it probably stemmed from the early childhood concept of 'boys in blue, girls in pink'. I was allowing someone else to define my boundaries. To be honest, pink is probably not the best colour for me, unless it borders on dark purple. It doesn't lift me up like my other favourite colours (dark blues and purples in case you really need to know). So, despite the compliments, I won't be out shopping for more pink combo's. It's not that I didn't appreciate people's comments, I only hope that I can put what I like ahead of what others say about me. Raises an interesting question-when should the compilments that people pay you be seriously taken as an indicator of the direction that the rest of your life should take? After all, if people compliment you on a job you enjoy doing, maybe that's one of the keys to unlocking your purpose. Will give it some more thought, but let me know what you think.

No comments: