About Me

My photo
What do you really want out of life? Now what's stopping you?

Monday, May 29, 2006

Reviewing

The "ACTION 2006" conference is finally over. I had a good night's sleep and am ready to face what the day hands me-which includes a long list of patients. I was thinking on the things that impacted me most over the conference.

First was that we need to make sure that what we package to people is relevant to them, without being offensive. This is especially true where the gospel is concerned, but can be applied to any message or principle that you wish to communicate.

The second was seeing Pastor Gary Bryden in action. Pastor Gary used to do cabaret work, he has since then become a full time minister with a dynamic ministry. What I fantastic to see, is how he still uses all his entertainment gifts as part of his ministry. I don't know the details of his transistion, but what I can tell you is that he is entertaining, relevant and not trying to shy away from what he is naturally good at.

The third and final thing was a little more personal. Next door to the conference venue is the conference block where two young men, that I tutor periodically ,go to school. During the course of the conference I went across to them to help with a couple of aspects of their work. At one point had one of them on either side of me working on different things. It was a very fulfilling moment and reinforced the fact that I get pleasure out of helping others succeed. What do you get fulfillment and satisfaction from? If it is so fulfilling, why arn't you doing it more?

No comments: