About Me

My photo
What do you really want out of life? Now what's stopping you?

Friday, June 01, 2007

Like an ever rolling stream

One of my patients pointed out a new way of looking at the time that we have. Assuming a lifespan of say 80 years, that means that you get 80 summers, 80 winters, 80 springs and 80 autumns (although I feel cheated about the autumns as we don’t really get those here in Zim). Now I’ve already had 30 summers-which means that I have 50 left! (We’ll ignore the fact that I want to live to 120 in this calculation). That makes time seem a whole bunch more valuable to me. I want to be able to look back at the end of each season and say that it was well spent. I’m setting goals for this winter and for the rest of the coming year-planning trips away and other activities that I know will bring a wealth of memories. Each day should be an adventure. That’s why my advice to young people trying to decide what to do at school is find something you enjoy doing and do it-that way you get paid to have fun for the rest of your life.

No comments: