About Me

My photo
What do you really want out of life? Now what's stopping you?

Monday, August 14, 2006

I'm back!


Kariba! That’s my excuse for my absence from the site. I have spent the last week up in the peace and tranquillity of one of the largest man made lakes in the world. Was on a houseboat with a bunch of friends. It was a surprise trip, which is why I didn’t mention it before, in case the wrong person read about it.

The primary reason for the excursion was to edify and initiate a young friend of mine who turned 18 this year. Each of the men on the trip took a few minutes to share an aspect of manhood, or an attribute that he could apply to his life. Building up others enables them to avoid the mistakes we have made in the past. Time will tell if this trip bears fruit in the future, I believe that it will.

Apart from that, it was fishing, fun, crocodile catching and suntanning. It was also the last week that I got to spend with another great friend who left to go back to college this afternoon. There were many memories created including catching a foot long crocodile and watching a lion hunt. The down time was necessary. I badly needed to recharge my batteries after a hectic year. I have come back refreshed and ready to face the rest of the year. I have one more planned break at the end of the month, although I may slot in another before Christmas.

So, it’s back to work (and play), which means that you should be hearing from me a little more regularly again.

No comments: