About Me

My photo
What do you really want out of life? Now what's stopping you?

Monday, September 29, 2008

Dangerous Discs

This is a warning-Frisbees have potential to cause great harm. There you go; you have been armed with knowledge. Apart from the obvious ability to partially decapitate you if you are looking the wrong way, there is a nasty sport called ‘Ultimate Frisbee’. Think of American Football with a disc and no contact. Think of two hours of non-stop running. Think of pain in muscles that have not done that amount of work in a long time. See, I told you it was dangerous. So, yes, I am in the throes of self-inflicted, muscular pain and yet am looking forward to next week’s game (bit of S and M there methinks).

Trying new things can be a blast, in this case including the meeting of a new group of people that I would normally never come into contact with. The truth is that until about 2 years ago I would never have bothered to step out of my comfort zone and try something new. That was forever altered by a run in with ‘The Pacific Institute’ who taught me the tools to visualise yourself into new environments with ease. The best part is, the more I do it the easier it becomes, opening increasingly larger volumes of opportunities and fun.

No comments: