About Me

My photo
What do you really want out of life? Now what's stopping you?

Friday, July 27, 2007

Looking Back

Spent some time this week going over my previous diatribe. It was an interesting experience, to see what I was writing about a year ago and to compare it to today. My past dialogue through my fingers and onto the screen may not have a lot of significance to others, but it does to me. I never realised the importance of journaling until about 3 years ago when I began in to apply thoughts to paper. It has helped me to identify thoughts and patterns in my life and to give a focus to things. While many entries into my journal have found their way onto this site, many haven’t, sorry but there are some things that are not public domain.

What have I gained from this reflection over past posts? For one, I have realised that I love writing. I never dreamed that I would be able to scribble down so much and for so long. I felt a sense of satisfaction looking over my achievement-something that as humans we often do not indulge in. We tend to gloss over success and hurry onto the next thing in our lives, or worse still, we pass the credit onto someone else (Christians are bad at this-‘it was just God hey, not me, never me, I have no skill…you know the usual junk.) There is nothing wrong in accepting credit where credit is due-if you run a hundred metre race and win, it was your legs not God’s! Ok let’s move on before I get bogged down in that pet peeve. I was challenged to think of the future, that maybe I could improve a couple of things in my writing and layout, and that maybe one day these posts could become the focus for a book. That covers the past, present and upcoming periods of time, I think.

Oh, one more thing, my favourite posts- The Rain Dance and the one on Oppression prior to this, both strike an emotional chord in me long after writing.

Have a brilliant weekend.

No comments: