About Me

My photo
What do you really want out of life? Now what's stopping you?

Friday, January 19, 2007

Influence of Dance

Spent last night watching a rerun of ‘So You Think You can Dance’. One of the comments made by the judges was that a certain style of dance should be felt by the people at the back row, not just those at the front, in order to have an effect. Having experienced this first hand I can fully understand his comment-your projection from stage has to carry presence and be larger than life. If the person in the back row can sense what you are portraying then you’ve got it right.

Meditating on this, I think that this is a principle that applies to the rest of life. Where is your sphere of influence being felt? How large is it and is it growing? Your sphere not only rests on how many people you impact, but has to do with the quality of that impact. I have been challenged to look at the various aspects of my life, to see where I am being effective and to see what else I can do to improve

No comments: