About Me

My photo
What do you really want out of life? Now what's stopping you?

Friday, March 16, 2007

Time marches on

It’s official! I am no longer President of the Zimbabwe Physiotherapy Association. My successor was elected today and steps into office immediately. Three years of service just came to an end. I would like to say that there was a rousing send off party, but alas there were no balloons or fireworks, just a smooth transition. Will I miss it? I doubt it. When I stepped into office three years ago, I was still the new kid on the block, and to be honest not too good at leading an Association where most members were either leaving, tired or retired. Attitude is everything, and my initial one was bad-I saw myself as a ‘caretaker President’ and that’s what I became. Hardly reaching my potential at all. Would I do it again? Maybe, but not for a couple of years, and if I do, it will be with a whole different attitude and strategy.

No comments: