About Me

My photo
What do you really want out of life? Now what's stopping you?

Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Small Things

Today I cleaned out my car, watered a few plants in the garden, sent a few emails and did a bit of writing. Sounds like it could be a fairly mundane list, not different from anyone else’s. Seriously why even bother with it. The common link between all of the above is that they were maintenance towards a series of bigger goals. Maintenance, which if I didn’t do, or get someone else to do, would have resulted in a series of minor disasters. Such is life. Maintenance can be boring until put in the perspective of the bigger picture. I don’t like watering the garden anymore than anyone else, but the though of succulent raspberries in a few months time ensures that I do it with the right attitude (or at least hire a gardener). The sum of the whole is greater than the parts. I’ve been writing for a while now. That takes maintenance. I thoroughly enjoy writing but there are other things that can get in the way if I don’t take time to maintain this blog. This continuance has opened other writing doors for me that would never had arisen if I didn’t keep it up. Some of the largest structures have been build one brick at a time.

Oh ya, Pastor Tom Deuschle has a new blog, Reformation Report. If you are serious about improving yourself and your community then you should have a look.

No comments: