About Me

My photo
What do you really want out of life? Now what's stopping you?

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Watched

Two nights ago, as I was riding home at night, a vehicle pulled up alongside me and a voice hollered out of the darkness, “Evening Doctor!” The lights changed green and the mystery greeter sped off into the night before I could get a good look at them. Despite the mild inaccuracy of the greeting, I’m a physiotherapist not a doctor, the fact that they recognised me was startling. It could have been an old patient or someone from the fringes of the other circles that I move in who knows me by reputation. You never really know who you are influencing or who is noticing you. A while back I got stopped in a shopping mall by a cleaner whose son I had treated, four years after the event she wanted to let me know how he was doing. I had completely forgotten, but she remembered. It is great to be appreciated. So as you go through your day bear in mind that you never know who is watching.

No comments: