About Me

My photo
What do you really want out of life? Now what's stopping you?

Friday, April 06, 2007

Writing maps

It's Good Friday-in case you hadn't noticed. In the western world this probably means that at the time of writing this you actually havn't got out of bed. I slept at 2 am last night after spending an evening designing maps for the Lord of The Rings: Battle for Middle Earth 2 game. Had a successful evening and managed to create 2 maps. I enjoy the process of planning these-there is much to consider, small details can affect the game play dramatically...just one building 'out of place' can make a huge difference to the result. The idea is to make a map that is beatable, but not too easy, or else noone will play them. I mean really who wants to play a game when you are garaunteed to loose.

Today some friends of mine get back from USA after a five month break, so am expecting another late night!

Just for the record, this blog has been going for a year this week. Honestly didn't think I had it in me to go this long, but mananged to deal with it in bite size chunks. It has only been in the last year that I have realised how much I really enjoy writing.

No comments: